Monday, July 30, 2012

Marriage Now; Heaven Later

I've been thinking about Heaven lately--partially because I turn the big 3-0 this year (yikes!), and partially because my grandmother is nearing her return Home. 

Of all my goals in life--the top ones should be
1) to please Jesus,
2) to get to Heaven,
3) to do all within my power to help my family get to Heaven, and
4) to help guide and direct others to Heaven through the example I live.

I'm reading Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas right now--which so far is an incredible inspiration. It is making me think about how my marriage connects to all of those items. Jesus is pleased by my "sticking it out," keeping my promise keeps me from sin, my family is affected by my decision to stay married, and the world can see a strong, lasting marriage as something different in the world--which can point them to the Savior.

While marriage has its dog days, we are called to be holy in this beautiful life that isn't always beautiful--so that we can make it to the place that is Always Beautiful.





I keep feeling so inspired by different quotes from Thomas's book. 

During naptime this past Friday, I treated myself to a reading break. Yes--I see the irony in the book choices. Perhaps Hemingway should have read Sacred Marriage instead of having four wives?

 More excellent quotes are posted below. 










this post is linked up with 



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm stopping over via Lowercase Letters. Sacred Marriage sounds like an interesting read--I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete