Thursday, May 10, 2012

When Peace Like a Jonas...


My second son, Jonas, displayed signs of peace even from the first days of his life. I have always been in awe of the beauty of his spirit. I’m not saying he doesn’t ever get upset, but I feel a strength radiating off of him, and have from within our first moments together, that I can only describe as peace. 

Jonas’s peace has a positive reaction on me; peace isn’t really a part of my make-up, but I’m beginning to better understand what it is now that I have stared into its big brown eyes.



“Grace and peace to you….” And so begins Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, 1 and 2 Peter, and Jude. Peace is obviously an important blessing the writers wish to grant to the readers of these letters. 

George Crabbe writes, "People are…calm inasmuch as they are exempt from the commotion which at any given moment rages around them" (549). How wonderfully that is worded. Every morning, the commotion of the house rages on around us, but Jonas sleeps in. Jonas takes his precious time eating breakfast, a short thumb sucking chaser between most bites (pictured above).This little boy is teaching me to slow down, to remain calm. Big lesson from a little boy.

Crabb, George.  Crabb’s English Synonymes. New York: Harper & Brothers Publisher, 1917. Print. 


this post is linked up with

No comments:

Post a Comment