Friday, May 25, 2012

Girls Night Out: Pottery Painting

I learned last night that my talent lies not in painting. Yes, the above finished product of all my efforts looks nice, but you didn't see how many times I took the wet sponge and obliterated my mistakes. (If you don't believe me, I've got kind witnesses who kept encouraging my every attempt.)

Once I found a flower stamp I could embellish, I thought I had struck the preverbal pottery gold--but even with a stamp, I still made mistakes.

Even in life, when an obvious template is before me (even she couldn't mess up this one, right?), I still make mistakes.

Why?

Sometimes it's not mine to know (Acts 1:7). I'm imperfect, and it's going to show all over this vessel that is me. But, thank goodness, God will get out His sponge named Jesus and wipe off my mistakes, making me white as snow again (Psalm 51:7, Isaiah 1:18, John 1:29). Then I can rethink my strategies and start all over. If I keep trying with Him in mind and spirit, I'll end up being something God doesn't mind claiming as His own as He tells me, "Well done, good and faithful servant" (Matthew 25:23).

this post is linked up with
Beholding Glory


No comments:

Post a Comment