Friday, August 17, 2012

James 3:13


Thinking this morning about the phrase "actions speak louder than words," but I feel like the James 3:13 (above) brings a new phrase we should live by: "actions and words must align." 

My words cannot distract from my Christian life any more than my lifestyle distract from my testimony. Why is it, further verses also question, that we find it so easy to spew out negativity and filth? 

I think it is because we must be letting those things creep into our hearts some way from somewhere. We need to pin point the areas of our lives that breed these evils that tend to show themselves through our words. I am trying to think today of what those things are in my life. What can I replace them with? I cannot leave a void--my heart craves to be full of something. 

What can I fill it with?

this post is linked up with


friday favorite things | finding joyBeholding Glory



2 comments:

  1. "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men..." Ecclesiastes 3:11 Your heart craves for eternity...the whole will be filled by God. Like King Solomon, let us pray for wisdom, that the Holy Spirit will fill our souls till we overflow with His presence and discernment. Romans 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!
    Thank you for your thought provoking post. Have a blessed day. BTW, I'm visiting from Finding Joy: Friday Favorites. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Wisdom isn't just knowing something, it's acting on that knowledge. May we all be faitful in living the Christian faith. Glad I stopped by here! www.toshowthemjesus.com

    ReplyDelete