Do you ever write little notes on your hand—important reminders for later? I’ve been known to jot down Bible verses, check numbers, grocery list items.
But lately I’ve been using my pen for a bigger purpose.
I’ve spent too much of my life regretting the past or reaching for the future. Then I realized: everything I’ve been working towards, the “future” I’ve been investing in, is here.
I’m right where I want to be. The decisions I’ve made, good or bad, have brought me to this point.
And you know what else? I want to be happy here, with what’s here and who’s here. So—I will be.
Writing here on my finger is a reminder:
- Be here.
- Now. Today. Be present. Life is beautiful. Enjoy the moment. Don’t just stop and smell the roses, plant the roses so that they are all around you.
- Here am I, send me (Isaiah 6:8).
- God has a purpose for me. He wants me to be a mom, wife, friend, daughter, sister, professor, writer, dreamer—today. And I’m ready to be all of those things. Now.
- “Here’s my heart, oh take and seal it” (Robert Robinson).
- I used to sing "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and ask God to “seal” my heart for the man I was meant to forever-love. Now I often sing it as I rock my little boys—my hearts. Here you’ve given me my greatest gifts of all, God. Now, please seal them and keep them safe for your service.
Here I am. And here I go.
this post is linked up with